If you’ve ever visited Kids Mile High, you might recognize Dr. Justin Owens as your fun, friendly Thornton orthodontist. As an expert in creating beautiful smiles for kids, he can even get your little ones excited about going to the orthodontist. Dr. Owens believes a good orthodontist is an orthodontist you can trust — so read on to learn more about him and why he got into the business of little smiles.
1.Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Denver, Colorado.
2. Why did you become an orthodontist?
A person’s smile is one of the first things you notice about them. Making a first impression with a beautiful smile can be very powerful, and I love helping people achieve their dream smile.
3. What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
Exploring Thailand…and eating Thai food!
4. Who is your role model?
I’ve always looked up to my mom and dad.
5. What’s your favorite thing about coming to work at Kids Mile High every day?
I love hearing about what our patients are into at the moment, whether it’s a video game, movie, sports or music.
6. Did you have a nickname as a kid?
Everyone used to call me Hawk.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
Star Wars, all the way!
8. What was the most challenging part of orthodontic education?
While I was in school, I was working seven days a week while trying to help raise a family at the same time. That was hard!
9. What’s your hidden talent?
Umm…I’m a good whistler?
10. Did you like going to the orthodontist as a kid?
I loved it! (Weird, I know.)
11. What’s the next thing on your bucket list?
I want to travel more. Hawaii is probably next.
12. What is something your patients would be surprised to learn about you?
I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in 2002.
13. Which sports team do you root for?
Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche…I love them all equally.
14. What do you think makes you different from other orthodontists?
As an orthodontist, it’s my job to look at people’s teeth to see how I can improve them. I try to put myself in my patients’ shoes to make the experience as fun and enjoyable as possible.
15. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
16. If you had a time machine, which era would be your first stop?
I’d go straight to ancient Egypt.
17. What’s your spirit animal?
Eagle…so I could fly!
18. What’s the best advice you can give parents about caring for their kids’ teeth?
Find a dentist you trust. Find a dentist your child trusts. Then see this dentist regularly.
19. What is your favorite food?
I’m a huge sushi fan.
20. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas.
Want to meet Dr. Owens in real life and find out if he’s the right orthodontist for your little ones? Book an appointment today!