Hey KMH patients,
We’re super excited to welcome you back to the office starting Monday, May 4th, however, to continue to ensure a safe and healthy environment for both our patients and team, we’ve made the following changes to our policies and protocols while we adjust to this “new normal.”
As always, we appreciate your understanding and support, and we look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces again in the weeks to come!
Changes we’ve made:
- When visiting the office for an appointment, both patient and parent must wear masks. (If you have them)
- We will be asking parents to limit siblings coming to appointments when possible.
- We will ask a series of screening questions upon arrival, such as travel, symptoms, etc.
- We will also be taking temperatures of all staff as they enter the practice for work each morning and patients and parents at check-in.
- We will be opening at a 50% capacity to abide by the social distancing requirements and will be adding sneeze guards to our front office stations.
- Staff will now be wearing surgical hair bonnets and N95 masks with additional eye shields.
- We have purchased medical-grade air fresheners to circulate the air in the treatment rooms.
- We have removed toys, books and magazines from the reception area, and the video game systems will be turned off.
- The coffee/tea stations have been removed, but we are happy to get patients a beverage if desired.
- We will be delegating “family areas” so patients do not co-mingle in the reception area.
- The toy stations for patient prizes will now be restricted to staff disbursement.
- We are diligently working on developing electronic forms to minimize staff/patient exposure with paper forms.
- If patients have dental needs, but the parent/patient has flu-like symptoms, we will do a screening by phone and ask them to upload photos of the problem via our website portal set up for patients.
- The medical building we are located in has also done their part by bringing in a professional sanitizing crew to sanitize the common areas.
In regards to scheduling, every effort has been made to contact patients that require schedule changes, and we will be reaching out again to get them back on schedule. However, if you have not been contacted, please give the office a call to get those appointments scheduled.
We will continue to update our patients through our website, social media, and email announcements. When calling, please update your email address with our practice to ensure you get all of our updates and go to our Facebook page to see the latest news. We will also be extending office hours as necessary to accommodate patient needs and assist them in maximizing their insurance.
Thank you, and see you SOON! 😁
The Kids Mile High Team