Dear friends of Kids Mile High Pediatric Dentistry,
We are still open!
However, with the situation rapidly changing day-by-day, we’ll continue to keep you updated via email, social media, and our website should the status of our office change in the future.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus situation in our community, we want to reach out and share the actions KMH is taking to keep our patients and staff healthy and protected, so that we can continue to provide the best pediatric/orthodontic treatment for your children.
We follow and exceed all CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines with the highest level of disinfection between patients and use modern state-of-the-art sterilization techniques and equipment to ensure our instruments are always pristine. Our top priority has always been the safety and wellbeing of our patients, guests, staff, providers and community.
Established Standard Precautions
Our staff and providers strictly adhere to the CDC’s Standard Precautions for Healthcare settings. These include disinfecting treatment rooms between patients, using single-use personal protective equipment (such as masks and gloves) with each patient, and sterilizing instruments using best practices in sterilization techniques. We routinely disinfect patient waiting areas, as well as frequently touched surfaces (door handles, toys, etc). We publish and enforce standards for hand washing, maintenance of patient safety measures, and conduct routine training on best practices for all office staff to ensure compliance. These standards have always been in place in our practice, even prior to the recent pandemic.
Additional Precautionary Measures for COVID-19
We are constantly monitoring and following all recommendations from the CDC, the World Health Organization, the American Dental Association, as well as local and national government agencies, to stay current with information and safety measures. We are implementing all process changes recommended by these leading agencies. Our staff is trained to recognize symptoms of COVID-19 so additional safety measures will be taken immediately if there is potential exposure.
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they are one of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate disinfectant product. The Environmental Protection Agency has developed a list of registered surface disinfect products for use against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Our disinfection process utilizes products on this list.
With an abundance of caution, we have established additional, temporary protocols in our offices by:
- Monitoring the number of people in our office in order to enable appropriate social distancing
- Asking families to bring only scheduled patients and 1 parent/guardian
- Asking patients to arrive on time for their appointment and no more than 15 minutes before a scheduled appointment
- Requiring everyone to sanitize their hands when entering and leaving our office -we will supply the appropriate sanitizer
- Asking you to stay home and call to reschedule if:
- You meet the CDC criteria for home isolation: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Have flu-like symptoms including:
– shortness of breath
– muscle aches and/or
– gastrointestinal symptoms
- You or your child is ill (unless it is an emergency appointment)
- You or a family member has been diagnosed with, or are in the testing phase of diagnosis of COVID-19
- You are 60 yrs or older
- Are immune-compromised
- Have chronic conditions such as
– Diabetes type 1
– Heart disease
– Lung disease
We are confident we can and will be able to care for your children’s dental needs in a safe and effective manner and rest assured we will make adjustments as the situation dictates and as directed by authorities. We look forward to keeping our patients and their families happy and healthy!